Monday, March 14, 2011

Wheat Allergy

I'm sad.  I have noticed that I might and probably am allergic to wheat.  I have a reaction to even a small amount.  On my drive to see my mom, I noticed that I was so sleepy.  Then I noticed that my nose was stuffy and that my lungs were not taking in as much breath as they should.  I have suspected this for a week, but wheat is in everything and I don't know what to do.  When I get back, I will go see my doctor and keep antihistamines with me at all times.  My joints don't hurt since I have begun to rid myself of wheat.  Twenty four years ago, I had to learn what foods had refined sugar by reading labels.  The process of reading everything was so long and difficult, but in the end I learned what I could and could not eat.  It's second nature to me now. For those who don't know me well, sugar makes me sick.  I get head aches and my stomach hurts.  It's not pleasant.  I find myself whining these days:   "Wheat is in everything!!!!!!",  "Why me?!",  "Why Wheat?!", "It's not fair".  On the other hand, I do like to breathe and I do like to move.  (Grump, grump, grump)  I am working my way to acceptance soon.  I just don't want it to be true.  I behave as though it is, and maybe I can get to true acceptance sooner.

No comments: