Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Whole


Setting my face toward my goal.  This works best and easiest when the goal is done with your whole heart.  I whole hearted want to go back home.  In 1992, I left home for New York and Seminary.  I loved New York and when I graduated I wanted to stay and stay I did.  I fell in love and married my sweet man.  We moved to Canada and had two beautiful children, but now I feel the draw homeward.  I know it is right and good.  I am done with that adventure and am ready for the next one back home.  My heart wants it so much.  I want to live where my life is. I want the two haves of my heart together for once. All these years I have felt pulled in two directions and I am done with that.  I want to be centered and live forward.  I long to be whole.  I want to spend holidays with people I love without having to drive twelve hours. I want a church where I can pray with my sister.  I want my children to have a sense of their whole family.  I want to work and feel free.  I want to know that the government has not told the radio stations how much music to play from domestic artists.  I want freedom of thought and voice.  I want freedom of being who I am and where my people came from.  I want my children to love both their Canadian  and American Heritage.  I want to be home.

No comments: