Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What Next

I am feeling out off sorts.  I suppose this is to be expected.  I have been through so much in the last few years that I find I have lost my bearings for the moment.  I am feeling in limbo between what I thought I was going to do with my life, and what I am deciding to do next.  In the next few months, I will have to choose what I take with me to the next stage: what things are worth the effort to move to another country and what things get left behind.  My husband and I are planning on moving to The States.  I long to go back home, and my mother is not well.  We both feel that Mom and the kids deserve to spend lots of time together, and quite frankly, I miss home. What remains now is the foot work and the planning.  I do not wish to take loads of things with us, but we have family stuff that we need to keep.  These things belong to the future, and I have to be careful of what we take with us.  I have never been very good at sorting through things and letting go of them, but that is what I am about to do.  As for my art and my work as an artist, I will be using the blog and my photography.  I might never make it to the big leagues as an artist, but I know I need to make art for my own health.

No comments: