Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gifts

Today, I am looking at making submissions to vaious places to show my work. I have never done this before, so it is a new adventure for me. This is where the rubber meets the road and where I have to practice what I say I believe. Abba Poemen once said that we need to teach our mouths to say what is in our hearts. I believe that, I also believe that faith without works is dead. Someone else said that. With these two words in my head and heart, I move forward. I believe that we are each created with at least one very good gift to share and transfigure the world we live in. I say at least one, because I think we are given more gifts than we know, but each gift can be used to make the world a place of joy. I am too old to keep my gifts to myself, and must share them. For me it's a moral issue. I can't keep creating and stock piling my work. It's just not right. I can't keep my other gifts to myself either, and so I am developing my workshops. I see art as a doorway to the soul. Be at peace, find your joy and share it.

No comments: