Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Last Rose of Summer

 I feel as though I never got a chance to enjoy my roses or my garden this year, or for many years.  I have born and raised small boys, and then my father died.  Last year was the year where all things fell apart and I was not sure what my life might look like.  This summer, my mother's  and my husband's mother's health is not good. We wait and hope. These are the hard years. 

I am currently getting my life and house in order - little piece by little piece.  Right now, my only artistic outlet is photography, which is a good thing since it forces me to look, feel and think all at the same time.  Funny how that is.  When Dad died, I was able to work in clay, which for me is a more feeling first kind of medium.  I needed to let my feelings have a healthy expression.  Now, I need think, look and feel my way through this next stage.

This is the last rose of  Summer.  Summer is passing with all its sunny optimism.  Now, I look to the Fall and Winter and I begin to nest.  I am looking forward and preparing the way while being open to change- not easy, but necessary. 

No comments: