Thursday, September 9, 2010

Distraction

Distraction allows the mind to wander away and lose focus.  Sometimes distraction aids me if I am too focused on something not useful.  In college, I would take a walk to clear my head and then I was able to write.  On the other hand, distractions can kill us.  If we are texting or talking on the phone while driving, someone could get badly hurt or worse. I worked with women who spent time in federal prisons some of whom served time for fraud.  What amazed me about these women was how they would distract me from what they did not want me to see.  Whenever I felt like I was being hypnotized, I knew something was going on.  I did not always know what, but I knew I had to keep my eyes wide open.  Life is a lot like working with fraud artists. We don't get that privilege in the real world of knowing who the fraud artists are. We have to live our lives, keep our eyes open, and hope we are looking in the right direction. 

No comments: