Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crocus Time of Spring

Seems like yesterday we were deep in the stillness of winter, holding on tight and waiting for the promise of spring and new life. I love the crocus because she bursts forth from the ground before most other plants dare to and proclaim the coming spring. I look forward each year to the first cocus to come up. I am warmed by the promise that Spring is almost here and the troubles of winter will soon pass.

Kind words in a time of trouble or acts of love have this effect on me. Sometimes in the winters of my life, sweet words or acts of love let me know that I am not left alone in a deep winter where there is no hope and no connection. I know then that the snow will melt or even that I am not alone waiting for the snow to melt. Cold weather might still be in the future, but it is going to pass. Joy will come again. Things will grow and bear fruit, just like it always does. I have been through such a winter. I am in the corcus time of spring, and I thank all for their kind words and acts of love that have seen me through this winter to remember.

No comments: