Monday, December 12, 2011

My Small Plea to Make a Plan

Death has been on my mind a lot lately because I now work in the "End of Life" Industry.  It's a whole new world out there when you work so closely to an industry that services vulnerable people.   What I am learning now, is that we all need to educate ourselves in what our options are.  That is why I am working on my Green Burial Seminar.  I have learned so much in the last three months about what our rights are, and what we are told.  We all need to look at our mortality, and make plans.  It's so easy for our loved ones to be taken in hand and told what they need to do because we have not taken the time to make our own decisions on what we want.  I don't think that the industry is necessarily filled with folks waiting to take advantage.  From what I have seen, for the most part, are people who want to help people.  The trouble is that in the time of need we follow along conventional paths.  I spent all day working on my seminar.  I love this subject.  I need to start limiting my scope and make it pithy.  As the Queen of the Nutshell, this appeals to me.  Make a plan.  Talk with those you love!  You never know what is around the corner.

No comments: