Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Incarnation and Love



I woke up this morning thinking about the incarnation.  I know how that sounds.  This does not happen to me often.  I am not always thinking on such high ideals.  So much rattles around in my head, it's a wonder something true gets through.  Anyway, I was thinking about the incarnation and how God goes to all this trouble to become a man so that we can become more like him.  I was thinking, as I put my feet to the floor, what do I do to honor such an act of love.  Here is this God who has and is everything, He empties himself to become a human baby boy to die on the cross, and what am I doing to show love and respect for such an act.  I was hard pressed to come up with a good answer.  I remember hearing Fr. Alexander Golizin speak once in Great Lent about Christ dying on the cross, and how we need only die a little. I believe he meant die to our passions and that which keeps us from loving God and our brother.  Maybe if I could just love a little bit, that would honor the incarnation and the love of God for us.  Just a little bit.  How can I ever hope to love as God loves?  Christ is Born!  Glorify Him!

No comments: