Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More Musings on Death and Grief

When my grandma died, I found the most fantastic leaves and purple hydrangeas on my lunch time walk.  When the towers fell, I thought that civilization was coming to an end.  That day, I made a huge pot of tea in my office, which I made everyday for six months, and bought tea cups from the charity shop on my lunch time walks.  When Dad died, I made art for 9 months, and started this blog.  I do things that are odd at the time to help heal my pain.  Wonder what I will say about this period of time when I look back on it.  I have a feeling that I will be taking more photos very soon.  I find myself looking at things and wondering how I would frame it and if I like the light.  I have never really done much in the winter that I like, but maybe now have the right eye and heart to do it properly.  What I like about winter is the bleakness juxtaposed to striking color and light.

No comments: